High schools: Tecumseh running back Julian Tramble is Oklahoman's Football Player of the Week
The senior, who has been a starter since his freshman season, ran for 302 yards and three touchdowns in victory over Glenpool.
TECUMSEH — Right when his team needed it most, Tecumseh's Julian Tramble came through with a career performance.
The senior running back went for 302 yards and three touchdowns on 26 carries to help the Savages knock off Glenpool and keep their playoff hopes alive with two weeks left in the regular season.
NewsOK Related Articles
“He was on fire. He was reading his blocks, making great cuts,” Tecumseh coach Greg George said of Tramble, who was named The Oklahoman's Player of the Week for his performance.
“We thought Julian might be in line for a breakout year. He's been a starter since he was a freshman, when we brought him up to varsity, and he worked really hard to prepare for this year.”
The win put Tecumseh in fourth place in District 4A-2, tied with Mannford, which will host the Savages in a vital game in Week 10. Tecumseh makes a trip to Santa Fe South this week, where a loss could severely cripple the Savages playoff hopes.
“We know our playoffs kind of already started,” George said. “We started 0-3 in district, and that put us in this position. Now, we've got blinders on and our heads down. We're just moving ahead one week at a time.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims