High schools: Television reports say several Purcell football players suspended
KSBI-52 reported that synthetic marijuana was at the source of the suspension. Purcell coach Shannon Watford could not be reached for comment by The Oklahoman.
PURCELL — Multiple Purcell High School football players have been suspended for Thursday night's game against Lone Grove, according to a report from KSBI-52.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
KSBI cited multiple sources in its report, stating that synthetic marijuana was at the source of the suspensions. The television report did not say how many players were involved. KSBI reported that charges had not been filed against any of the players.
First-year Purcell coach Shannon Watford could not be reached for comment by The Oklahoman.
Purcell is 3-4 overall and 1-3 in District 3A-4. The Dragons will host Lone Grove in a district game.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures