In Sunday's Oklahoman, we looked ahead to the top 10 games of the high school football season in a week-by-week breakdown. But there's an abundance of big games awaiting fans in Week 1 alone — so many that picking a list of the top 10 wasn't easy. But nonetheless, here's our list of this week's must-see games:
1. Class 6A No. 16 Midwest City vs. 6A No. 4 Edmond Santa Fe at UCO (Thursday)
Santa Fe has risen to the spot Midwest City once held as the westside's regular top contender. Are the Bombers on the way back?
2. Class 2A No. 2 Davis at Class A No. 1 Ringling
Ranking-wise, the best matchup of the week with Class A's defending champ hosting last year's 2A runner-up.
3. Class 6A No. 6 Owasso at 6A No. 3 Broken Arrow
A great opener for both teams, though it hardly registers on the scale of big games for either of them, when they have Jenks and Union waiting later in the schedule.
4. Class 5A No. 1 Carl Albert at 6A No. 9 Southmoore (Thursday)
Last year's 48-21 Southmoore win sent Carl Albert on its way to a 1-5 start before the Titans turned it around to win 5A.
5. Class 6A No. 26 Moore at 6A No. 11 Westmoore
The competitive level of the Moore War should be up, and the significance of a loved community event is powerful for a town still trying to put the pieces back together since the May 20 tornado.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.