High winds delay flights at NYC airports
NEW YORK (AP) — Heavy winds and rain showers buffeting the New York City area clogged roads and delayed flights at major airports.
The Federal Aviation Administration says some flights arriving at La Guardia Airport in Queens on Friday morning were delayed an average of nearly three hours each. By midday delays, were down to 30 minutes. Flights heading to John F. Kennedy International Airport were not permitted to take off until after 7:15 a.m. due to high winds, but were leaving on time by midday.
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for the city and Long Island, forecasting winds gusts up to 60 miles per hour.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad