Highlights of Obama's State of the Union address
— TRADE: Begin talks on a comprehensive trade agreement with the European Union to promote the exchange of goods across the Atlantic.
— FEDERAL BUDGET: Continue to work toward the goal of $4 trillion in deficit reduction and stabilizing the debt as a percentage of the economy, both over 10 years.
— INFRASTRUCTURE: Spend $50 billion on a “Fix It First” program for urgent repairs to roads, bridges and railways.
— ENERGY-CLIMATE CHANGE: Make permanent and refundable a tax credit for renewable energy to help double the production from wind, solar and geothermal sources by 2020. Help states cut energy waste and increase efficiency through a competitive grant program modeled after a similar program for education. Direct Cabinet secretaries to identify additional executive steps to deal with climate change.
— EDUCATION: Launch a competition to help redesign and modernize high schools, and create a corps of 10,000 of the nation's brightest science and math teachers to improve instruction in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in