History of the UConn Huskies' big men
Here's a quick look at how some of the more recent University of Connecticut big men have fared in the NBA.
NewsOK Related Articles
Comment: No. 2 overall pick in 2004 and eventual Rookie of the Year. He's averaged a double-double in each of his five seasons.
NBA career averages: 14.0 points, 10.7 rebounds, 1.8 blocks, 0.9 assists.
Comment: Helped the Huskies win the 1999 NCAA Championship and averaged 6.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 138 career games.
NBA career averages: 4.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 0.3 blocks.
Comment: Named Big East Defensive Player of the Year as a senior but averaged only 4.7 points and 3.9 rebounds over his college career.
NBA career averages: 3.6 points, 2.7 rebounds, 0.5 blocks, 0.3 assists.
Josh Boone;6-10;Power forward-center;2006-present
Comment: Started 100 of 103 games in three seasons for the Huskies, averaging 9.3 points and 7.0 rebounds. Big East Defensive Player of the Year as a sophomore. Averaged at least 1.7 blocks in each of his three seasons.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M