Hockey games create family memories
Take the chill out of winter on the ice — inside — at an Oklahoma City Barons hockey game.
If you're looking to enjoy the feel of a cold winter, but remain warm on the inside, how about taking in an Oklahoma City Barons hockey game?
I've taken my two sons Dante and Joseph to some games, and what a great time we had!
There is never a dull moment at a Barons game.
Even during the timeouts, there's something exciting going on — it's all fun family entertainment.
“What we try to do is incorporate what we call ‘the show' around the hockey game,” said Bob Funk Jr., president of Prodigal LLC, the Barons' ownership group.
“We know that the hockey on the ice is going to be great night in and night out. But we want to ... bring something extra for the casual fan. Hard-core hockey fans enjoy the game and that's enough for them. But, there are casual fans or families that are really focusing on the family-oriented entertainment.”
Speaking of that something extra, every Saturday home game during the regular season, the Barons will be giving away a car.
After that first game when my sons talked nonstop about how exciting and “cool” it was, I knew we would be coming back to another game, and another, and another.
Dante and Joseph particularly enjoyed “Chuck a Puck,” where everyone throws a small puck onto the ice and if you hit the target, you can win cash and prices.
It's fun just to sit back and watch the bazillion of those pucks hitting the ice!
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion