Hockey games create family memories
Take the chill out of winter on the ice — inside — at an Oklahoma City Barons hockey game.
If you're looking to enjoy the feel of a cold winter, but remain warm on the inside, how about taking in an Oklahoma City Barons hockey game?
I've taken my two sons Dante and Joseph to some games, and what a great time we had!
There is never a dull moment at a Barons game.
Even during the timeouts, there's something exciting going on — it's all fun family entertainment.
“What we try to do is incorporate what we call ‘the show' around the hockey game,” said Bob Funk Jr., president of Prodigal LLC, the Barons' ownership group.
“We know that the hockey on the ice is going to be great night in and night out. But we want to ... bring something extra for the casual fan. Hard-core hockey fans enjoy the game and that's enough for them. But, there are casual fans or families that are really focusing on the family-oriented entertainment.”
Speaking of that something extra, every Saturday home game during the regular season, the Barons will be giving away a car.
After that first game when my sons talked nonstop about how exciting and “cool” it was, I knew we would be coming back to another game, and another, and another.
Dante and Joseph particularly enjoyed “Chuck a Puck,” where everyone throws a small puck onto the ice and if you hit the target, you can win cash and prices.
It's fun just to sit back and watch the bazillion of those pucks hitting the ice!
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in