Hockey games create family memories
Take the chill out of winter on the ice — inside — at an Oklahoma City Barons hockey game.
If you're looking to enjoy the feel of a cold winter, but remain warm on the inside, how about taking in an Oklahoma City Barons hockey game?
I've taken my two sons Dante and Joseph to some games, and what a great time we had!
There is never a dull moment at a Barons game.
Even during the timeouts, there's something exciting going on — it's all fun family entertainment.
“What we try to do is incorporate what we call ‘the show' around the hockey game,” said Bob Funk Jr., president of Prodigal LLC, the Barons' ownership group.
“We know that the hockey on the ice is going to be great night in and night out. But we want to ... bring something extra for the casual fan. Hard-core hockey fans enjoy the game and that's enough for them. But, there are casual fans or families that are really focusing on the family-oriented entertainment.”
Speaking of that something extra, every Saturday home game during the regular season, the Barons will be giving away a car.
After that first game when my sons talked nonstop about how exciting and “cool” it was, I knew we would be coming back to another game, and another, and another.
Dante and Joseph particularly enjoyed “Chuck a Puck,” where everyone throws a small puck onto the ice and if you hit the target, you can win cash and prices.
It's fun just to sit back and watch the bazillion of those pucks hitting the ice!
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction