Hoke, Dantonio speak at clinic for HS coaches
Hoke said Friday that the situation "wasn't a big deal." This year, Hoke made his presentation then Dantonio began his about a half-hour after Hoke finished.
During his speech, Dantonio said he lets his players evaluate him anonymously on a number of traits.
"They're always down on my sense of humor," Dantonio said. "But if you were here last year, you know I've got one, right?"
Dantonio told reporters Friday he regretted last year's incident immediately.
Michigan went 8-5 this past season, and Michigan State was 7-6. Hoke spent much of his presentation focusing on how he prepares his team during the week for a game. Dantonio went through a list of "24 Thoughts/Things To Do" and also showed film of some practice drills.
There were light moments, such as when Dantonio talked about an attempt to entertain his players.
"Are they having fun? That's important, to make sure that they're having fun," Dantonio said. "So don't take yourself so seriously. Down in Arizona, I rode a horse out to practice."
Hoke wrapped up his expose with a calm but harsh assessment of Michigan's season.
"Bad year, to be honest with you," Hoke said after initially using a less printable adjective. "Eight games, that's not good enough. That's not good enough. Proud of the kids, extremely proud how they kept moving forward, but it wasn't the year that Michigan deserves."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims