Holliday doubtful, Porter out for Broncos-Chiefs
Fox said he was pleased with the progress of running back Willis McGahee, who went on recallable IR after tearing the medial collateral ligament in his right knee Nov. 18 when he was tackled low by San Diego cornerback Quentin Jammer.
McGahee is eligible to return to practice next week after missing the final six regular-season games but won't be available to play again unless the Broncos (12-3) reach the AFC championship.
"All indications are it's on schedule and he's getting better every day," Fox said of McGahee's rehab. "He won't be ready here anytime real soon but we'll evaluate that as we get going and finish up the regular season."
MANNING FOR MVP? Peyton Manning, the only four-time MVP in NFL history, is in the conversation for a fifth MVP award this season. Consider: His stats this year are better than the average stats he put up during his four MVP seasons: 2003, '04, '08 and '09.
He averaged 370 completions in 547 passes (67.8) percent for 4,332 yards, 35 TDs and 12 interceptions with a 103.2 QB rating in his MVP years with the Indianapolis Colts.
This season, he's completed 337 of 554 passes (68.1 percent) for 4,355 yards, 34 TDs and 11 interceptions with a 103.7 QB rating.
"I think what separates Peyton in any kind of voting is he's had an exceptional year with a new team, new city and at arguably the most difficult job in pro sports, the quarterback position," coach John Fox said. "It's unheard of, it's unprecedented. Nobody's ever done it."
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Follow Arnie Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22069Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17657Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12691Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10660Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10002Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9693Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures