For more information, call the phone number or use the email address provided. To submit items, call Melissa Howell at 475-3770 or send email to email@example.com. Please submit items at least 10 days before publication.
• The Oklahoma City Herb Society will meet at 1 p.m. Monday at the Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. The program is on making herbal extractions by herbalist Karla Ward.
• The Oklahoma Horticultural Society will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the OSU Agriculture Resource Center, 400 N Portland. Program is “Spring Bulbs for Oklahoma” by Linda Vater.
• The Apogon Iris Garden Club will meet at noon Wednesday at 1200 Chisholm Road. Program is on a “Walk in my Tropical Garden” by Shirley Kennedy. Call 773-4443.
• The Oklahoma Organic Gardening Association will meet at 7 p.m. Friday at the OSU Agriculture Resource Center, 400 N Portland. Green table is at 6:30 p.m. Anyone who is interested is welcome.
• Beginner beekeeping classes, 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 3 at Oklahoma County Cooperative Extension Service, 930 N Portland. Sponsored by Central Oklahoma Bee Association. Contact Rick@OKBees.com or 473-5680 for information or to register.
• Pumpkinville presented by OG&E, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily through Oct. 31 at Children's Garden, Myriad Botanical Gardens, 301 W Reno. Cost is $5 per child and $2.50 per adult for nonmembers; Myriad Botanical Gardens members are free. Activities include a corn toss game, bobbing for apples, pumpkin decorating, hourly cider pressing, story times, pie-making demonstrations, tasty treats, evening ghost stories and more. Call 297-3995.
• Fall foliage walking tour, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday at Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Take an invigorating autumn hike through the Will Rogers Gardens and newly-renovated Margaret Annis Boys Arboretum. Comfortable walking shoes recommended. Registration required. Call 943-0827 to register. Free.
• Historic walking tour, 9:30 to 11 a.m. Nov. 2 at Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Registration required. Call 943-0827 to register. Free.
Gatewood hosts home tour
The 16th annual Gatewood Historic District Home and Garden Tour will be from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 the day of the tour.
Tickets are available at 23rd Street Antique Mall, 3023 NW 23rd; Antique Avenue, 5219 N Western; Garden Gate Antiques, 1307 N May Ave; Broadway Antique Mall, 114 S Broadway in Edmond; and online through PayPal at www.gatewoodokc.com. Tickets also may be purchased at tour homes on the day of the tour. Complimentary refreshments will be available, as well as a prize drawing.