For more information, call the phone number or use the email address provided. To submit items, call Melissa Howell at 475-3770 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit items at least 10 days before publication.
• Central Oklahoma Bonsai Society, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Program is “Making a Japanese Maple Bonsai from Nursery Stock” on video.
• Oklahoma City Council of Garden Clubs, 9:30 a.m. refreshments, 10 a.m. meeting, Friday at Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Refreshments provided by the Herb Society. Program is “Plants: Pests and Invasives — Not all Aliens are from Outer Space!” by Jeanetta Cooper, Oklahoma Department of Agriculture. Call 722-8822 or 601-9466.
• Viola Garden Club, 10 a.m. Oct. 17, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Carpool for a field trip to a location to be determined. If not notified previously, call 261-0298 or 820-2996 for information about this location. Luncheon arrangements will be announced when meeting for carpooling. This trip takes the place of a regular meeting.
• African Violet Society of Oklahoma City, 2 to 4 p.m., Oct. 21, at OSU Agriculture Resource Center, 400 N Portland, Room No. 194. Call 256-6881 or 376-3369.
• Flower design class, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Will Rogers Exhibition Center, 3400 NW 36. Program is “Dish Gardens for Winter.” Call 942-2534. Sponsored by Oklahoma City Council of Garden Clubs.
• Beginner beekeeping classes, 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 3 at Oklahoma County Cooperative Extension Service, 930 N Portland. Sponsored by Central Oklahoma Bee Association. Contact Rick@OKBees.com or 473-5680 for information or to register.
• Fall foliage getaway trip, Friday and Saturday, to Hot Springs, Ark. Depart from Myriad Botanical Gardens and travel by luxury motor coach through the 54-mile Talimena Drive en route to Arkansas Scenic Route 88. Arrive at the Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs National Park. Enjoy a private, behind-the-scenes tour of the gardens. Relax overnight at The Arlington Hotel. Registration is needed by Wednesday. For cost, itinerary and information, call 297-3611.
• Pumpkinville, presented by OG&E, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, Saturday to Oct. 31, Children's Garden, Myriad Botanical Gardens, 301 W Reno. Cost is $5 per child and $2.50 per adult for nonmembers; Myriad Botanical Gardens members are free. Activities include a corn toss game, bobbing for apples, pumpkin decorating, hourly cider pressing, story times, pie-making demonstrations, tasty treats, evening ghost stories and more. Call 297-3995.
Continue reading this story on the...