Home cooking may help fight childhood obesity
Have fun, yes, and improve your family's health at the same time. Try Chef LaLa's chicken lettuce wraps for this week's family dinner:
CHEF LALA'S CHINO-LATINO CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound ground chicken
4 ounces Chef LaLa Homemade Carne Asada Marinade
1/3 cup jícama, diced small
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
12 large lettuce leaves
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
2. Stir in Chef LaLa Homemade Carne Asada Marinade. Stir-fry 2 minutes or until sauce boils. Remove from heat, stir in jícama, green onions, and peanuts.
3. Divide filling evenly among lettuce leaves; roll up.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Do not let filling stand at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims