Home price changes in 25 largest US metro areas
U.S. home prices rose 4.6 percent in August compared with a year ago, the largest year-over-year increase in more than six years.
CoreLogic, a private real estate data provider, also said Tuesday that prices rose 0.3 percent in August, the sixth straight monthly gain. The steady price increases, combined with greater home sales and rising builder confidence, suggest the housing recovery may be sustainable.
Here are the price changes in the 25 largest U.S. metro areas in August, compared to the same month a year ago:
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law