Homeless man arrested on rape complaint in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City police arrested a homeless man on a rape complaint after a woman reported she was assaulted in a transient camp.
Oklahoma City police arrested a homeless man on a rape complaint about 4:10 a.m. Tuesday near SW 6 and Classen Boulevard.
John Harvey Roush, 53, was arrested after a homeless woman reported he had raped her while she was sleeping, according to the incident report.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
The woman said she was asleep in a transient camp near Interstate 40 with a friend, her friend's boyfriend and a few other males. She told police that during the night she was awakened by a man on top of her. The woman said all her clothes had been removed while she was asleep.
The woman told police she screamed and woke up the others in the camp. Her friend's boyfriend pulled the attacker off her and made him give her his identification card. The woman gave the card to police when the incident was reported.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater