Homeowner: TP cleanup sparks house fire

www.myfoxal.com Published: January 21, 2014

DORA, AL - A family in Dora has lost their home of 12 years to a fire the homeowner says began when they were cleaning up toilet paper from a tree that was rolled during the weekend, reports WBRC.



Cheryl Crausewell said neighborhood kids rolled her yard and house in the Hickory Ridge community on Saturday. She and her son worked to clean up the mess on Monday, but some of the toilet paper was still stuck in a magnolia tree.

She said they lit a piece of toilet paper on the magnolia tree with a lighter in an attempt to remove it, but wind blew the piece into the yard, setting the grass ablaze.

H/T: Gawker
See this story on www.myfoxal.com

Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    OHP: Trooper turned off dash camera during alleged sexual assaults
  2. 2
    New accusations: Adrian Peterson injured another son while disciplining 4-year-old
  3. 3
    University of Tulsa student charged with murder in death of 6-week-old baby
  4. 4
    OU football: Find yourself in the OU-Tennessee crowd with this hi-res stadium photo
  5. 5
    Report: Former Broken Arrow receiver Levi Copelin dismissed from Missouri football
+ show more