ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers say a 33-year-old Homer utility worker was injured doing work on a high-voltage junction box at a job site.
Troopers say Jacob Adams of Homer was taken to a local hospital to be stabilized before being flown to a Seattle hospital after the incident Wednesday afternoon. A hospital spokeswoman Thursday said he was in serious condition.
Troopers say they received a call from Homer Electric Association shortly after 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, asking for a welfare check on a crew working near Homer.
According to troopers, the caller said the utility had received a radio call from the crew reporting a possible electrocution, but then radio contact was lost.
Troopers say Adams was conscious and alert but sustained significant injuries.
Troopers say Adams' co-workers performed lifesaving medical care.