Homicide victim found in Adair County church parking lot
The body of a man who suffered head trauma was found Tuesday southwest of Stilwell, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reports.
STILWELL — The pastor of an Adair County church found a man's body lying in the church parking lot Tuesday, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
The man had suffered trauma to his head, the OSBI stated in a news release issued Wednesday.
The man's body was in the parking lot of Pleasant Valley Holiness Church, located about 10 miles southwest of Stilwell at S County Road 6920 and State Highway 100. The church is about 25 yards from the road.
The Adair County sheriff requested the OSBI assist in the case.
Officials in Adair and Cherokee counties have checked missing person's reports for an individual of similar height, build and race. So far, no reports have matched the victim, the OSBI reports.
Anyone with information is asked call to call the OSBI at (800) 522-8017.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents