Judge orders trial in shooting death at store parking lot in NW Oklahoma City
David Edward Bloebaum, 57, is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Jasen Yousif, 29, at an Oklahoma City SuperTarget store. Defense attorneys claim Bloebaum acted in self-defense when Yousif threatened him with a knife.
Videoview all videos
Feb 27David Bloebaum is accused of shooting and killing Jasen...
Oct 2Road rage may have sparked a fatal shooting in a...
Photoview all 9 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Lezlie Stacey told the judge she then saw Bloebaum tuck the gun into his pants and put a phone to his ear, saying “there was a man down at Target.”
Bloebaum then kept others from administering aid to the victim, Stacey testified.
She testified never seeing Yousif holding a knife but said an object she later identified as a knife fell from him as he collapsed.
Another witness identified Bloebaum as the man who prevented her from helping the victim, who was lying face down on the pavement.
“The guy told me, ‘Don't go near that body because I already shot him,'” Sherise Brannon testified. “He kept telling me to get away.”
She said she stood by helplessly as Yousif took his last breath.
Brannon testified she also saw Bloebaum use a phone, and overheard him saying a guy pulled a knife on him and he shot him.
Brannon said she saw a knife fall from Yousif's hand.
Special Judge D. Fred Doak found probable cause for Bloebaum to stand trial. A pretrial conference is set for April 17.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in