Hopefuls get wristbands for Sarah Palin's autograph at Norman book signing
NORMAN — Hundreds of people spent the night outside Hastings Books — and several hundred more joined them this morning — to get wristbands giving them a chance to get Sarah Palin's autograph.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
The former vice presidential candidate and governor of Alaska is due at 7 p.m. to begin signing copies of her memoir "Going Rogue." Norman is her only Oklahoma stop on a national book-signing tour.
The first 500 people in line got wristbands that were handed out at 6:30 a.m. today, but Hastings officials said the actual number who will get their books signed will depend on Palin. Another 250 wristbands went to a standby crowd who will get a chance for an autograph if Palin continues signing after the first 500.
"We were told she can stop whenever she wants, so a wristband is no guarantee," said Michael Barton of Edmond, who spent the night toward the front of the line.
"I'm guaranteed because of where I am in line," he said, "but that's why I got here early Wednesday to make sure I'd get my book signed."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated