Hornets rookies Davis, Rivers out vs. 76ers
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans Hornets rookies Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers both have been ruled out for Wednesday night's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Davis has been sidelined by a minor concussion since the middle of New Orleans' second game of the season last Friday night. Rivers has a sprained left index finger and will be out for the first time.
Davis, the first overall choice in the 2012 draft, has averaged 14.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in his first two games.
Rivers has averaged 6 points, 3.3 assist and 2 rebounds through three games, with a season high 9 points in his last game, a victory at Chicago on Saturday night.
Hornets coach Monty Williams says rookie Darius Miller is slated to start at shooting guard in Rivers' absence.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated