Houston edges OKC Barons 2-1
HOUSTON — The Houston Aeros made an early lead stand up in a 2-1 win over the Oklahoma City Barons in an American Hockey League game at the Toyota Center on Saturday night.
The Aeros' Steven Kampfer and Dan DaSilva scored in the first period, sandwiching a Mark Arcobello goal for the Barons.
Brett Clark and Martin Marincin assisted on Arcobello's goal.
Aeros goalie Matt Hackett made the early lead stand up. He stopped 36 of the 37 shots he faced to improve to 18-18-3 on the season.
Barons goalie Yann Danis (15-13-3) suffered the loss. He had 21 saves on 23 shots.
The Barons (24-20-2-5, 55 points) return to action on Tuesday night when they play host to the Texas Stars at the Cox Center.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena