How the major stock averages fared Friday
Stocks were little changed change on Friday as investors waited for developments in talks on the "fiscal cliff." A government report that showed consumer spending fell last month also weighed on the market.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 3.76 points, or 0.03 percent, to close at 13,025.58.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 0.23 points, or 0.02 percent, to close at 1,416.18.
The Nasdaq composite fell 1.79 points, or 0.06 percent, to 3,010.24.
For the week:
The Dow is up 15.90, or 0.1 percent.
The S&P 500 is up 7.03, or 0.5 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 43.39, or 1.5 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is up 808.02, or 6.6 percent.
The S&P 500 is up 158.58, or 12.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 405.09, or 15.6 percent.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday