How to get help: winter assistance for the needy

How to get help: winter assistance for the needy
by Graham Lee Brewer Modified: November 14, 2013 at 9:38 pm •  Published: November 15, 2013

How to get help

Warm help

Some local agencies are offering winter assistance for the needy:

• Families and individuals seeking utility assistance this winter can call the Salvation Army's social services office at 246-1060. The hotline has no answering service, and callers are encouraged to keep calling back until they are able to get through.

• Beginning Tuesday, Dec. 10, the Department of Human Services will accept applications for the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. To find out if you are eligible for winter heating assistance funds contact your local DHS human services center. Find your county's center by going to

by Graham Lee Brewer
General Assignment/Breaking News Reporter
Graham Lee Brewer began his career as a journalist covering Oklahoma's vibrant music scene in 2006. After working as a public radio reporter for KGOU and then Oklahoma Watch he went on to cover the Oklahoma Senate for eCapitol before joining the...
+ show more

Trending Now


  1. 1
    OSU basketball: Four-start center Elijah Thomas to make college choice Tuesday
  2. 2
    Season of birth affects your mood later in life - Telegraph
  3. 3
    Expelled Nazis paid millions in Social Security
  4. 4
    Joseph Randle goes from stealing underwear to endorsing underwear
  5. 5
    How gamer 'The Rad Brad' makes a living playing video games
+ show more