Because it’s an oxidizer, hydrogen peroxide acts as an antimicrobial, destroying bacteria and fungi. Especially in conjunction with distilled white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide is an important part of an at-home cleaning arsenal. In strong concentrations, hydrogen peroxide can be corrosive or toxic, especially if inhaled. Though many folks consider it to be safer than bleach, it still should be used only at commercial (not lab grade) concentrations, and in a well-ventilated area. It can be corrosive to skin, like bleach, so be sure to wear gloves when cleaning with hydrogen peroxide.
Vinegar: Distilled white vinegar is the disinfectant of choice amongst the chemically sensitive. Vinegar is cheap and natural and completely biodegradable. And, so non-toxic that you can eat it! But it’s also a powerful cleanser, killing the vast majority of germs. Admittedly, it’s not quite as potent as bleach, but for everyday use vinegar is an excellent option. Vinegar kills the pathogen that causes the flu. Vinegar destroys most bacteria and salmonella.
So maybe, just maybe, I can take a break from the bleach?View original post.