Howard Dean: ‘Young people are more conservative’
Former Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean said that “young people are more conservative” than they were in previous decades, a trend that he believes will produce more restrained fiscal policies by the government.
“These young people are more conservative than the average democrat in my generation because of what they’ve gone through,” Dean, who has also served as chair of the Democratic National Committee, said on Morning Joe. “And you are going to look for a serious, I think, a serious attempt to deal with the deficit by this younger generation because they do not believe what’s going on in terms of the spending.”
While discussing social issues, though, Dean agreed with the idea that “the culture war is over” and liberals won.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims