Howard Schultz, Starbucks chairman and CEO
NewsOK Related Articles
Schultz stayed largely silent about the sale, but then on April 22, he sued Bennett and his group. The lawsuit seeks to rescind the sale, depriving the group of "the fruits of its deception" and holding the team in trust until an "honest buyer" can be found.
Most legal experts contend the suit is a long shot, leading many to believe Schultz is trying to save face, not the Sonics. His good-guy reputation has taken a serious hit in Seattle.
Sonic sound bite: "I am filing this lawsuit because, having had direct interaction and communication with Clay Bennett during the weeks leading to our ownership group sale of the team, I was convinced that (his) group was the right choice based on both oral and written representations that they would keep the Sonics in Seattle. In light of recent evidence that has emerged, those representations apparently were untrue." — Schultz in an April 22 letter to members of his ownership group
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins