Hudson Valley named world-class travel destination
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. (AP) — New York's Hudson Valley has been named one of National Geographic Traveler magazine's best places to visit in 2013.
The magazine says the valley is among the top 20 places that are "must-see" for international travelers in the new year.
The magazine lauds the region's cultural pedigree, from the Clearwater Festival to artsy Woodstock, as well as the valley's many mom-and-pop shops and world-class restaurants staffed by graduates of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park.
The Hudson Valley makes the magazine's top 20 places to visit alongside such other U.S. destinations as St. Augustine, Fla., and Memphis, Tenn.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins