Hundreds of schools closed in NH
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Hundreds of New Hampshire schools have closed for the day, airlines have cancelled flights and sporting and civic events have been postponed in advance of a major winter storm approaching the state.
The Manchester-Boston Regional Airport said it's been re-booking passengers for several days in anticipation of the storm. Flight operations are not expected to resume until Saturday.
A federal judge in the case of a Rwandan native charged with lying about her role in the 1994 Rwanda genocide told jurors to report to court Friday, but to count on a leaving by 1 p.m. U.S. District Judge Steven McAuliffe also offered hotel lodging Friday night to jurors who travel long distances.
A number of accidents were reported on interstates and other roads Friday, but no serious injuries were reported.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims