Hunter Kysela bags a big buck in Blaine County
NewsOK Related Articles
Hunter said he saw dirt kick up in the air on the far side of the thicket so we knew he had gone down. I told him to stay ready just in case the buck managed to get up.
We waited a very long 10 minutes and then got down to go check. Hunter wanted to run to the deer and I had to stop him and calm him down.
I told him to never run up on one until you know for sure it is dead, otherwise it could jump up and run off. So we quietly sneaked around the thicket until we saw the biggest bodied whitetail I have ever seen in person in Oklahoma.
Then I saw the rack. I said ‘Hunter, that buck is huge.' We picked up his head and I started counting points. We couldn't believe it. The buck had 14 points and would have had 15, but the left brow tine was broken off.
The buck's body was huge. His nose was as big as a calf's. The buck weighed every bit of 200 pounds. When I field dressed it, I found Hunters mushroomed bullet inside the buck.
Then I saw what I thought was another fragment. I pulled it out and saw it was another mushroomed bullet, but of a totally different caliber. This one looked like a .223. This old warhorse had taken a bullet before and lived.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort