Hunter's education clinic March 30 in Goldsby
Outdoors notebook: Changes in deer, pheasant hunting seasons coming; fly fishing film to be shown Thursday night in Oklahoma City; ATV safety classes encourages
A free hunter's education clinic is scheduled March 30 at the Tri-City Gun Club in Goldsby.
Sponsored by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and the Tri-City Gun Club, the clinic begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m.
NewsOK Related Articles
Lunch is provided to participants. To register, visit www.tricitygunclub.org.
CHANGES IN DEER, PHEASANT HUNTING
The number of antlerless deer hunting days in southeastern Oklahoma (zone 10) will increase next season.
The Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission at its March meeting voted to allow antlerless hunting every day during deer muzzleloader season in zone 10 and eight days during deer gun season.
During deer gun season, antlerless hunting will be allowed the first Saturday and Sunday, Thanksgiving Day through the following Sunday, and on the last two days of the season.
The commission also voted to reduce the daily bag limit of pheasants from three roosters to two.
FLY FISHING FILM IN OKC
The Will Rogers Theater, 4322 N Western, on Thursday night will be the site of the Fly Fishing Film Tour, hosted by Backwoods.
The tour, presented by The Outdoor Channel, travels around the country and showcases films about fishing destinations, adventure and big fish being caught on a fly rod.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort