• Inform your credit card companies — This will help ensure your card is not declined at an inopportune time.
Things to do after arriving
• Prepare for a two-hour wait in customs.
• Exchange money: There is usually a fee, so it pays to exchange cash as few times a possible.
• Figure out your phone: If your phone functions upon arrival, you will probably receive a text message explaining the price of service and further options. AT&T offered 120MB of data for $30, which worked in both Australia and New Zealand.
• Consider the train: Like everything else Down Under, taxis are very expensive. A trip from the airport to your hotel could easily run $55 to $75.
In New Zealand
• Expect a much shorter trek through customs.
• Exchange money: Put away any Australian currency you may have left. It is easily confused with the coins and paper bills used in New Zealand.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.