IF YOU GO
• SandRidge tree lighting festival, 5 to 7 p.m. Friday outside Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark at Mickey Mantle Drive and Flaming Lips Alley. Santa will pose for free professional photos with children, which will be printed immediately. Banana Seat will provide music as guests snack on hot cocoa, popcorn from Harkins Bricktown Cinemas 16 and cookies from Nonna's Euro-American Ristorante.
• The ninth annual Holiday River Parade on the Oklahoma River will light up downtown at 6 p.m. Friday with the theme “Celebrating 20 years of MAPS.” Boats decorated in holiday lights will parade the river as a fireworks display adorns the sky. This year's edition features a water ski show and the arrival of Santa. The viewing area is at the Boathouse District at 700 S Lincoln Blvd. Admission and parking are free. For more information, call 602-1531.
• Chesapeake Energy's Snow Tubing at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, open Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 15 and daily from Dec. 19 to Jan. 4, closed Christmas Day. Tickets are $10 for a 90-minute session, with sessions every two hours starting at noon through 8 p.m. Call 218-1000 for more information. Buy tickets online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Devon's Saturdays with Santa starts Saturday and continues through Dec. 21, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Children can enter Santa's Workshop to create holiday crafts, send letters to the North Pole, enjoy holiday music and take a ride on Devon's Polar Express. Mrs. Claus also will be on hand to read classic holiday stories. Devon has partnered with The HUGS Project to provide an opportunity for guests to help the company support deployed soldiers. Families should bring their own camera to take free photos with Santa and must sign up by 3 p.m. on site to ensure their child has an opportunity to meet him. Free parking will be provided by Devon through the visitor's entrance on the northeast side of the garage.
• An outdoor ice skating rink will open in Andrews Park in Norman on Friday and remain open through Jan. 5. Ice Challenge Enterprises will operate the rink from 4 to 9 p.m. weekdays when school is in session and noon to 9 p.m. when school is not in session. The rink will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 7 p.m. Sundays. Admission is $10 with skates or $8 for those who provide their own skates. Food vendors will be available on site in the southeast corner of the park, 201 W Daws St.
• Edmond's Turkey Trot is in downtown Edmond on Thanksgiving morning. The 5k sanctioned race starts at 8 a.m. The one-mile wobble follows. Online registration has ended. Last-minute registration with no race shirt available is from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday and 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Thursday at the Downtown Community Center, 28 E Main. The cost is $20 for adults in the 5k and $10 for adults in the one-mile wobble. School-age children in the one-mile wobble enter free but receive no race shirt. For more information go to www.edmondturkeytrot.com.
• Edmond's outdoor ice rink will open Thursday in Festival Market Place and be open until Jan. 5. The location allows for free parking and walking access to shops and refreshments. The rink is open every day from noon to 10 p.m. except on Thanksgiving Day when it is open from 4 to 10 p.m. On Christmas Day, the rink will be open from noon to 5 p.m. and will stay open on New Year's Eve until 11 p.m. Admission is $10 for those over 5 years old, $7 for those who bring their own skates and $5 for ages 5 and younger. Saturday, there will be curling at 11 a.m.