IHT to be rebranded International New York Times
The New York Times Media Group, which comprises the New York Times and the IHT, garnered $468 million in revenue in the final three months of 2012, up 6 percent from the same period a year earlier.
The IHT has some 200 to 300 staffers, although some also serve the Times, said Times spokeswoman Eileen Murphy. The IHT has its own bureaus in Bangkok, Brussels, Frankfurt and Seoul. It shares international bureaus in London, Paris and Hong Kong with the Times. Murphy said the company will invest in its digital, newsgathering and marketing personnel to expand its international presence.
Last week, the Times Co. said it is putting The Boston Globe and its related assets up for sale to concentrate on The New York Times brand.
In September, the company sold its About.com website and related businesses for $300 million to Barry Diller's IAC/InterActiveCorp. In January 2012, the Times sold its regional media group to Halifax Media Holdings for $143 million.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena