Ilitch proposes $650M project housing Red Wings
Ilitch also said Tuesday that he is backing a state House bill that allows Detroit's Downtown Development Authority to continue capturing tax revenues to further growth programs. The measure is now before the state Legislature.
His family also owns Little Caesars Pizza and downtown Detroit's Fox Theatre. He said the new project would add to the "more than $1.9 billion the Ilitch companies have already invested."
Eric Larson, non-executive president of Olympia Development, told the Senate Government Operations Committee the project would create more than 8,000 construction jobs. He provided no timetable for getting the project under way.
The committee was considering legislation that would enable Olympia to apply for Downtown Development Authority funds to support the project.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments