Illinois suspends receiver Millines
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Illinois football coach Tim Beckman says he has suspended wide receiver Darius Millines indefinitely but will not say why.
Beckman would only say Monday that the junior receiver had violated team policies. Beckman said he will re-evaluate Millines' situation in early May. When asked if Millines could return he said the "ball's in Darius' court, now."
A shoulder injury would have kept Millines out of most of the team's spring practices even before the suspension. Spring football starts Tuesday at Illinois
Millines was the No. 2 receiver in yardage last fall behind Ryan Lankford on a team that struggled to move the ball. Millines caught 32 balls for 319 yards and no touchdowns.
Beckman said Millines will continue injury rehabilitation with the team.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad