Illinoisans to be honored at State Fair
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Ten Illinoisans committed to community service will receive an award from the Illinois State Fair Museum Foundation.
The museum foundation will honor the residents with the Illinoisan of the Day Award on the Farm Bureau Stage of the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield.
Beginning Aug. 10, a different honoree will receive an award each day of the fair.
Officials say the winners will be publicly introduced, receive gifts and get a personal proclamation from Gov. Pat Quinn.
The museum foundation aims to honor those who work to brighten the lives of their neighbors and represent the best of Illinois citizenship.
The list of winners was announced at the museum foundation's annual fundraiser, the Corndog Kick-off held on the fairgrounds.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?