Ind.'s flu deaths rise to 40, most victims over 65
The county health department offers low-cost flu shots at its district health offices. Adult flu shots cost $15, children ages 2 to 18 can get one for $10 and infants under the age of 2 are free.
This season's flu vaccine is about 62 percent effective, according to the CDC, and health officials stress that it is still the best protection from flu.
"While everyone should get their flu vaccine, individuals with underlying medical conditions are clearly at high risk this season and absolutely need to be vaccinated," said VanNess.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City