Oklahoma News, Sports & Weather
Tornado warnings in effect for parts of Oklahoma
Another body was found by family members in a damaged home near SW 134 early Tuesday and the Oklahoma City police helicopter has been requested in Moore to provide light as rescuers continue to dig through the rubble, according to police radio traffic.
NEW: President Obama to speak Tuesday morning on Oklahoma disaster
NEW: Crews dig through night after deadly Oklahoma twister
Noon news conference planned for Tuesday in wake of Moore tornado
AP photographer describes destroyed Oklahoma school
Rescuers search into night for Moore schoolchildren
OHP: No Moore residents allowed back into neighborhoods overnight
Berry Tramel: 'The monster returns' How to help children cope
Chesapeake donates $1M to American Red Cross
Blue Door plans benefit shows Toby Keith reacts to devastation
Moore Tornado Lost and Found - connect with loved ones who live in Moore or might be missing
May 20 Oklahoman staff...
Aerial photos of May 20...
May 20 AP staff...
On May 3, 1999, and May 20, 2013, the rare term “tornado emergency” was used to warn the public of a dangerous, long-track tornado.
From The Oklahoman
- Public Service Co. of Oklahoma touts 'Oklahoma solution' to regional haze as industrial consumers fear costs
- As in Oklahoma, poverty nationwide has moved to the suburbs, report says
- Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport loses bid for D.C. route — again
- Is downtown Oklahoma City department store more than a memory?
- Oklahoma students urged to take stand against bullying
- Gasoline prices hit record in Oklahoma City
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects final appeal of Oklahoma death row inmate
A Moore family that survived the tornadoes of May 3, 1999, and May 8, 2003, reunited at First Baptist Church of Moore after another tornado on Monday.
- President Obama to speak on Oklahoma disaster
- Crews dig through night after deadly Oklahoma twister
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Noon news conference planned for Tuesday in wake of Moore tornado
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol: No Moore residents allowed back into neighborhoods overnight
- Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore Medical Center damaged by tornado
- Relatives arrive at hospital in frantic searches for loved ones in Oklahoma
At least 20 houses destroyed in small Lincoln County town.
Family says large portion of neighborhood appears destroyed.
A large portion of Edmond tornado damage was along Bryant Avenue between 15th and 33rd streets.
Videoview all videos
stephkuzy RT @TobyKeithMusic: Hometown got hit for the gazillionth time. Rise again Moore Oklahoma. Godspeed. Prayin - T”
Today 06:47:14 AM
stephkuzy Learned at Norman Regional that about 30 "walking wounded" were treated for minor cuts, broken bones and other general wounds. All were okay
Today 06:46:09 AM
stephkuzy Took over 2 hours to take the back roads to go from The Oklahoman to Norman Regional Hospital. Came home to no Internet&limited cell service
Today 06:45:13 AM
OKRelig Woke up to hear news about more fatalities in Moore. We must keep the families of these victims in our prayers.
Today 06:06:05 AM
ZekeCampfield @leighannem1 No Twitter, no Internet, no phone calls - hardly a text. Frustrating to be in the middle if it all with no line to the outside
Today 02:38:39 AM
nolan50ok Any senseless child death is hard on a journalist. Accept the grief you feel from Monday's tornado. Just don't be overwhelmed. #reportertips
Today 01:45:51 AM