Some different talking points about Indian Child Welfare Act
As an adoptive dad who nearly lost two children to the Indian Child Welfare Act, I too am familiar with the history behind this federal law.
In “Indian child law needs full compliance” (Point of View, July 20), Terry Cross presents the same arguments for ICWA as were given more than three decades ago. It’s time for new talking points.
We live in a much different society than we did when children were being removed from reservations and Indian Country in large numbers, often for unwarranted reasons, and forced to assimilate...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims