Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Barbette Estelle HullBarbette Estelle Hull, 45, of Poteau will keep her data services job for now, a DHS spokesman said. A just-started administrative review could result in discipline. The multicounty grand jury is investigating allegations of wrongdoing in political campaigns at the Kiamichi Technology Center, which offers classes for career technology students in southeastern Oklahoma. Hull is married to Chad Hull, the center's public relations coordinator. The grand jury earlier indicted Chad Hull, 43, and others for allegedly using career tech equipment to make political material for Norm Ranger, who won election this year to the technology center's board.
Indictment brings perjury counts
A longtime Department of Human Services employee has been indicted for allegedly lying to the state grand jury 13 times, including about misuse of her state computer.
Barbette Estelle Hull
Accused of perjuryA prosecutor said Friday that Barbette Hull misused her DHS computer to prepare or assist in preparing campaign literature for Ranger and other board members. The prosecutor, Assistant Attorney General Joel-lyn McCormick, said the grand jury's judge gave Barbette Hull immunity from prosecution for her actions as long as she testified truthfully.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates