Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Barbette Estelle Hull/> Grand jurors alleged Barbette Hull lied 13 times in her testimony before them Aug. 7 and Sept. 25. Grand jurors indicted her Wednesday on 13 counts of perjury. The indictment was made public Friday. Her new attorney, Mack Martin, said she maintains she is innocent. The attorney also said he may claim as part of her defense that there were irregularities in grand jury proceedings. Barbette Hull was handcuffed in court Friday and led away by Oklahoma County sheriff's deputies. She was freed after posting $10,000 bail. She has worked for DHS for 25 years and makes $48,363 a year, the DHS spokesman said. The prosecutor said Barbette Hull has been reprimanded in the past for misusing her DHS computer for personal reasons and apologized then. "The investigation is ongoing,” the prosecutor said.
Indictment brings perjury counts
Barbette Estelle Hull
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort