Ingrid's Kitchen â€” fast service but not fast food
If you're looking for the opposite of fast food, then Ingrid's Kitchen is the place for you.
Not that service takes very long at Ingrid's — in fact, the food comes out a very quick clip — but everything at Ingrid's is done the old-fashioned way. That, General Manager Maggie Miner said, is what has kept this Oklahoma City landmark running strong for 31 years.
7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday
7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday
9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
The first thing that will catch your eye walking into Ingrid's is the fresh-baked breads and mountains of desserts in glass cases. It's a classic look that's classic for a reason — it works.
"Everything we do here is made fresh and in-house," Miner said. "We don't get it all shipped in from someplace else; we bake it here in the European style."
That means cookies and cakes that can't be found at every bakery, like Nuessecken, a short bread crust covered in nuts, coconut and chocolate, or the Cream Horn, a light crust filled with whipped cream and dusted with sugar.
Ingrid's also serves cakes, cookies and pies by the slice or as a whole. Miner said it's part of the 22-hour day at Ingrid's.
"This place is probably empty only a couple of hours a day," she said. "When we clear out after dinner, until about 10 p.m., when the bakers arrive."
But those looking for more than dessert will find a lot to love at Ingrid's. German favorites like Weiner Schnitzel and Beerwurst, or deli classics like the Reuben and pastrami and Swiss keep customers coming back. For the less adventurous, there also are BLTs, Tuna Salad and grilled cheese.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort