Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe tries to persuade tea party lawmakers to support highway funding
Sen. Jim Inhofe, a Tulsa Republican, is a lead negotiator on a highway bill that has some funding problems and a provision that would approve the Keystone XL pipeline.
WASHINGTON — With another deadline fast approaching, Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe is working to persuade members of his party that they should support a highway bill that keeps road and bridge funding close to current levels.
“With this attitude out there, where so many members of the Senate and the House have this fear of the tea party people, they’re scared to death to vote for anything that has a bunch of...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister