Insight Bowl by the numbers: Sooners hold Iowa well below rushing average
Here is a look at Oklahoma's 31-14 win over Iowa in the Insight Bowl:
1: Gatorade bath for Bob Stoops. The Sooner coach avoided one with some nifty sidesteps, but he couldn't escape a second bucket of Gatorade in celebration of Oklahoma's 31-14 victory against Iowa in the Insight Bowl.
Videoview all videos
Dec 31OU's once mighty offense struggled severely, but Blake...
Dec 31Berry Tramel and Travis Haney analyze the crazy night in...
Photoview all 54 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
1: Sky camera thrashed. The contraption suspended over the field on cables is used during many of ESPN's broadcasts, but it crashed to the turf with 2:22 left in the game. It narrowly missed a direct hit on Iowa receiver Marvin McNutt's head.
6: Three and outs for the Sooner offense, the same number it had in the loss to Texas Tech.
8: Consecutive OU touchdowns scored by Blake Bell. The reserve quarterback/Belldozer specialist had a streak that started against Baylor and reached eight touchdowns with a pair of 4-yard touchdown runs in the first half.
52: Yard kickoff return by Trey Franks to start the second half, the longest kickoff return by a Sooner since Mossis Madu's 77-yarder at Missouri last season.
67: Yards rushing for Iowa, a team that entered the Insight Bowl averaging 142.8 a game.
161: Yards passing for OU quarterback Landry Jones.
216: Yards passing for Iowa quarterback James Vandenberg.
54,247: Attendance, an Insight Bowl record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction