Insure Oklahoma eyed for exchange by some lawmakers
The program is the closest thing Oklahoma has to a health care exchange that is mandated under the federal health care law.
If Oklahoma decides or is forced to implement an online marketplace for businesses and individuals to shop for health insurance, a likely or at least logical landing place for the program could be Insure Oklahoma.
Insure Oklahoma was created in 2004 when voters approved an increased tax on tobacco, thus funding a subsidy for the health insurance of low- to moderate-income employees at small Oklahoma...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater