Investigator, OSBI disagree on arrest tactics
Kyle Eastridge has criticized Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for not pressuring prosecutors to file charges, but agency officials say they can't risk turning allies into enemies.
Videoview all videos
Jul 23Former OSBI Agent Kyle Easteridge alleges the percentage...
Jul 23Former OSBI Agent Kyle Easteridge accuses the bureau of...
Jul 23Former OSBI Agent Kyle Easteridge talks about why he...
Jul 21Rob Hudson, OSBI Commission member, talks about the...
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"Let the DA decide to release a murder suspect that you have evidence on," he said. "That's not going to happen, I guarantee you."
Jessica Brown, OSBI spokeswoman, said Eastridge doesn't understand that the agency cannot afford to anger prosecutors.
"It reflects his lack of understanding of the OSBI and the difference between original jurisdiction and limited jurisdiction," she said. "The district attorneys determine if we get a case in their jurisdiction. We cannot be helpful if the DA doesn't want us there.
"We have to have a decent relationship. We can't ride roughshod over the system."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction