IOC president to have hip replacement surgery
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — IOC President Jacques Rogge will have hip replacement surgery this week.
The International Olympic Committee calls the operation "routine" and says the 70-year-old Belgian will be discharged from the hospital after a few days.
No other details were given.
Rogge was elected IOC president in 2001, succeeding Juan Antonio Samaranch. He will step down when his term ends in September 2013.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents