Iowa FB Brad Rogers ends career due to injuries
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Senior Iowa fullback Brad Rogers' career with the Hawkeyes is over.
Coach Kirk Ferentz said Friday that Rogers and sophomore linebacker Jim Poggi will end their football careers because of "persistent injury issues."
Rogers, of Toledo, Ohio, played in 27 games over the past three seasons with Iowa. He had one more year of eligibility.
Poggi, a linebacker from Towson, Md., did not play the past two seasons because of injuries. He was one of 13 Iowa players who ended up hospitalized with rhabdomyolysis, a rare muscle disorder that can cause kidney damage, two years ago after offseason workouts.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments